Monday, July 8, 2013

Knott's Berry Farm

I'm typically a hermit crab kind of Mom. Meaning we stay home . . . a lot. We have fun at home (cooking, playing out back, swimming, coloring, dancing, laughing, relaxing, reading) but we are in one place. In beautiful Southern California with beautiful Southern California weather. So I have to push myself to get out and enjoy this weather with the kids from time to time.

My friend and neighbor Katie grew up here and has always gone to Knott's Berry Farm. She recommended season passes to us because it's less than a 10 minute drive, not as busy as Disney and much more affordable. She had me at the "close to home" description.

Totally worth the money. And plenty to do for the preschool age kids.

Red Baron planes. These are always the first ride for Charlie. Always. 
Knotts


We like to sit in the shade and watch the roller coasters. 
Knotts


Many, many water breaks. 
Knotts

I'm not a big fan of buying the kids junk food but Rich has Alice hooked on Doritos. And our rule when we're in public: "anything to keep Alice from screaming".  
junk food lover

If Charlie is a good listener, he gets to spend his $2 on the racing cars. He asks about it from the second we hit the front gate. It's my best leverage. 
Knotts


I always take a selfie of us on the train. Always. I have a whole collection of them. 
Knotts train selfie

Sometimes this happens on the short drive back to our house. They are tired and happy. We love us some Knott's.  
reaching

No comments: