Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas 2012

I took many photos at all 3 of our Christmas celebrations this year and my mini post earlier this week didn't do them justice.

So here we go . . .




Rich and I wear Christmas socks every year. This was our 10th year in that weird little tradition. And the Lionel Richie plate? Awww yeah. From our friend Lesley. It was my favorite Christmas gift of the year. Maybe the decade. We sang that song for 3 days straight. 

Christmas 2012

Cookies for Santa. Wooden toys for my girl. Old Christmas socks made into candle cozies. (Thank you, Pinterest.) And 4 stockings hung neatly in a row. Poor little second baby. She had to use the dog stocking this year while Aunt Dea makes her special stocking. She's just lucky she had one. Or Christmas gifts. Or a crib. 

Christmas 2012

Playing with old toys. And new toys. And spending the day in pajamas. 

Christmas 2012


Phee Christmas in Michigan. Matching shirts for the big boys. Waiting for the pizza man. Drinking some really old wine - my brother-in-law sniffing to ensure total rankness. My father-in-law showing me the fine, fine label. 

Christmas 2012 Christmas 2012

Phee Christmas isn't complete without the Jacksons. This is their 10 year old granddaughter. I still remember vividly when she was exactly the size of Alice. I'm getting so old. Robin and her Mama. I love this photo. Tom with his Ho Ho boxers. Also an annual tradition. Thank God he wears them over other pants. Bob Jackson joins in on the reindeer games. Did I mention there are mass quantities of wine consumed on this evening? 

Christmas 2012

Robin and my nephews. Her kids are almost the same age as my kids. It's crazy that she and Rich are 4 years apart but we have kids the same age. I'm grateful. 

Christmas 2012

Rich, Bob and Tom looking through photos from 1996 of the 3 of them building the house we were standing in at that very moment. So many memories. 
Christmas 2012

The big boys on Christmas morning when they discovered that Rudolph pooped on Ama & Papa's porch. (Rudolph poops M&Ms and glitter, in case you didn't know this fun fact.) 

Christmas 2012

Beaugrand Christmas with Elaine's family. Babies in a box, Aunt Becky meeting Alice for the first time, Robin and me, THE big family tree photo. 

Christmas 2012

This year Tom and Elaine's tree was short at 13 feet. And Robin made these stockings. 

Christmas 2012

Midway through the week, switch on over to the Cunninghams. Literally across the Mona Lake bridge. Napping was the game and these 3 were winners. 
Christmas 2012

It finally started snowing hard while we were at my brother Bryan's house. So while it snowed, Kayle and I played Wii and drank hot cocoa. 

Christmas 2012


Also while it snowed, we played with the remote for my camera and watched Charlie play out back. He is so cute in snow pants. You know what's not cute? Putting snow pants on then taking snow pants off then putting them back on . . . I love Southern California. 

Christmas 2012


Papa Dickie took us to the airport, Misty wrangled my kids and the Great Grandmas (Great Barb and Great Phyllis to my kids) visited.  

Christmas 2012

Alice seemed to get bigger and walk even faster while we were on this trip. And she gave up bottles for good. Finally. 

Christmas 2012

We managed the flight from Grand Rapids to Chicago to Orange County without much event. Alice squirmed and whined but not nearly as bad as our March '12 trip. Charlie was a big help and my friend Katie picked us up at the airport.  It was a busy and lovely way to cap off the year. 

Christmas 2012

No comments: