Sunday, December 30, 2012

travel weary

Michigan for Christmas: it's an every other year thing for us. Rich and I grew up in western Michigan. Both of our large families are there (or travel there for the holidays.)


Robin (Rich's sister / my sis-in-law) and I dress our kids in matching outfits every chance we get. They will hate us someday for this.




Bryan and Misty (my brother and his wife) put us up while we're there (as do Rich's parents). We destroy their houses and they all love us up with patience and hospitality.



My kids get to experience snow.










This year, Charlie experienced a rite of passage. He rode the Penny Horsey at Meijers. This horse has been there since I was a kid.



We take up a lot of land mass in the terminal.



Rich is the best kid-wrangler in airports and baby rocker on airplanes.



The California sunset that welcomed us home tonight was a gentle reminder of why we live here. And why it's worth the long trip every single time to see our families in Michigan.



No comments: