Sunday, December 9, 2012

she could bake

My Mom could bake.

Seriously. She didn't make elaborate or fancy things. She made repeats every year. Peanut brittle, fudge and those Oh My God pumpkin rolls.

Bryan and Misty brought her little green and orange recipe box to me this past March. When I really put my mind to it, I can bake, too. And when I bake, I think of her. And this little green and orange box - the one she pulled out several times a year to unfold a typed up recipe - well, it is a tangible memory of a lovely lady.

recipes_0257

Linda's recipe box

A lovely lady who made killer peanut brittle.


Linda's Peanut Brittle

Fudge that wasn't too dry but not too gooey.

Linda's Peanut Butter Fudge

And pumpkin rolls that made Christmas . . . Christmas.

Linda's Pumpkin Rolls

Enjoy her recipes. Try them out yourself this year. And if you are a sister or daughter (Misty) or granddaughter or niece or cousin of Linda, please print these and save for your own little recipe box. She would have liked that.

P.S. 2 of these 3 recipes were actually from my Grandma Cunningham, my Mom's mother-in-law. The thing I love about that is 99% of my (non-baking) recipes are from my mother-in-law or sister-in-law. We both married into nice families.

No comments: