Wednesday, September 5, 2012

just write Tuesdays (one day late)

On Tuesdays, I will be participating in "Just Write" by the extraordinary ordinary blog. Details can be found here.

Today's "just write" post will be short. I'm short on time and short on cohesive, constructed blog topics.

I didn't think I would be into all the mushy gushy stuff of motherhood. My Mom was pragmatic, straightforward, funny, sincere, authentic but not mushy. Maybe in her head, deep in her heart, there were swirlings of these "what vision do I want for my children" thoughts. Or maybe she was just focused on getting through the day. 

But me, I'm all about the mushy motherhood musings lately. Articles like this one about compassion and gratitude. Or this one about the redefining success in this day and age. I want to put up one of those chalkboards in my kitchen with our family rules. I'm "this close" to homeschooling, raising our own chickens and knitting our own clothes. (Just kidding. I don't know how to knit.)

So that's it, really. I'm surprised by my mushiness. And these two photos, although not my best shots, are my favorite lately. Just staring at them makes me want to scrapbook. Almost. Nah . . .

Charlie wearing Rich's glasses -

He puts Rich's glasses on (upside down) and says

Alice wearing my favorite little rainbow dress of hers -


Untitled

No comments: