Wednesday, July 18, 2012

put on your dancing shoes

Lately I've mentioned in my posts how busy we are. And it's true. Rich and I both work outside of the home. Two young kids, etc. Nothing drastically different than everyone else. We have no real burdens or stress, just every day life.

But Rich and I have a dance. After 10 years of marriage, we each have our assigned roles and tasks, executing them wordlessly each day, quietly showing appreciation by bringing a mug of coffee into the bedroom or buying bag of pistachios on an ordinary grocery trip.

One of the choreographs is when I'm editing a friend's photos or paying bills online, Rich takes over Super Dad duty.

This is what it looks like.

Best dad. Ever.

Vacuum tubes become weapons to take down evil.

superheroes

Buzz gives a speech, full of inspiration on tackling the long road ahead.

Buzz

The best part is that they think my mind is busy with the bills or in Photoshop. But I'm paying attention. I will remember this until the day I die.

superheroes

No comments: