Sunday, May 13, 2012

Superman and the little lady

Mother's Day letter (post) to my kids

****

Dear Superman,

Superman

Superman

You rock my world. Sometimes that's a good thing, other times it's "challenging". Like yesterday, when you were mad that I made you take a nap. So you crapped your pants, smeared it all over your dresser and carpet and wiped it down your legs. That was a different kind of rocking my world.

But those moments have been few and far between. You are mostly positive energy, hugs, gratitude and goofiness.

specs

specs

Please, let us not forget your goofiness.

You are sweet and loving to your baby sister. I hope the two of you always remain this way. I know how much I love my brothers and I'm sure she'll feel the same.

kids, poolside

Charlie, you are "my best fend", too. I love you.

****

Dear little lady,

Alice, 5 months old

Today your Daddy gave me a Mother's Day card from you. It read "from your daughter". I cried. You are a dream come true. You carry a strong and important middle name. Your mellow temperament and little smiles are just what this family need.

I cannot wait to see the woman you grow into.

Alice's little baby legs

Alice, 5 months old

Alice Linda, you completed our family. I love you.

Mama



1 comment:

Summer said...

What a sweet, sweet post. What a beautiful family you have.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. . . it looks like you are carrying the Mom torch well.

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog today and to relate. . .