Friday, May 4, 2012

catching up: April

Random photos and notes from April. May will have more coherent posts, I promise.

Alice eats baby food twice a day. She's a good eater like her brother. 
Alice_eating_April 2012_04142012 (1)

We had friends over. Good friends, the kind that, when they leave, you say "why don't we do that more often?"
April 2012

Photo shoots in the front yard. 
Alice_purple blanket_April 2012_04012012 (1)

I drove to Palm Springs for a sales conference. It was nice being in the car for 2 hours, by myself. But by the 2nd night of the 3 night trip, I was really missing my kids, Rich and the house. I'm a home body. 
Palm Springs windmills

Charlie spent most of April wearing these boots. Great when it rained and was 60 degrees. Weird when it was sunny and 85. 
April iPhone (Marci)

I had at least 1 migraine a week last month. Don't know what's going on but it's finally getting better. This is my migraine face. 
April iPhone (Marci)

Had lunch with my friend & mentor, Charlie Lee, at Tanaka Strawberry farms. This place is gorgeous and I need to remember to bring Charlie & Alice here. Although it's a great place for a grown-up lunch, too. 
April iPhone (Marci)

The boots, again. 
April iPhone (Marci)

Sister likes her exersaucer. 
April iPhone (Marci)

So far, one of my favorite photos of both the kidlets together. Rich took this on his iPhone.  
April iPhone (Marci)

He likes to pee in the grass. I've been told this is normal for boys. We were a little scared when he asked us if he can poop in the grass. We told him no, it's bad enough we have to pick up the dog's poop. We're not dealing with his.  
April iPhone (Marci)

Because of the migraines and because I'm sick of being pudgy, I'm trying to eat more fruit, less bacon. But my God I would've given my right arm for some bacon this particular morning.  
April iPhone (Marci)

Rich is a rockstar Dad. Truly. The sales conference was my first trip away with 2 kids and he handled it with grace, humor and all sorts of love. And lots of take-out food.  
April 2012

Rich plays the best Spiderman. Hands down. 
April 2012

Alice is looking all over the place now. Everything catches her attention.  
Alice_white Gap_April 2012_04192012 (1)

We noticed that Charlie kept watching a promo for a helicopter on YouTube. 25 times over. So Rich surprised him one afternoon with a toy helicopter. He has barely put it down. He's been using it to rescue his Spiderman and Power Ranger toys in the afternoon. And he has hooked it to Cook's collar, Alice's onesie, my iPhone, etc etc.  
Charlie_with Alice floor_April 2012_04192012 (1)

Me, the last night of my sales conference. I take this photo outside my hotel room every year that I go. It's a reminder of where I am and how far I've come. I'm so fortunate to have the career I have and to work for the company that I do. 
April iPhone (Marci)

April didn't move as fast as March did, which is nice. I hope May stays slow and steady.

No comments: