Sunday, March 25, 2012

Michigan in March: Cunninghams

Just before my return to work, we returned as a family to Michigan so our friends and family could meet baby Alice. (And so Rich could run a 5k with his Dad.)

I was nervous about traveling with two kids and pushing this close so trip to my return-to-work date. But it ended up being one of our best MI trips.

There was no shortage of family to entertain Charlie.

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

Or to rock my baby girl.

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

One of the nights, my Dad hosted an open house at his home so our family and friends could meet the baby and check up on Charlie. We haven't had this many people over to the house since my Mom passed away. And it felt good, really good.

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

Michigan trip, Cunninghams


Michigan trip, Cunninghams

Lots of warmth and laughter and catching up going on. Right in her living room.

A good friend of our family, Paul Knowlson, brought his latest toy.

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

 Which was pretty exciting for Charlie.

Michigan trip, Cunninghams


Hanging out on my Dad's bed with my siblings in our pjs, chatting and teasing my Dad. Chocolate milk at the kitchen table in the morning. Dinner at Pints & Quarts. Good stuff.

Michigan trip, Cunninghams

Thank you, Cunninghams.

xo


No comments: