Saturday, March 10, 2012

Janet & Dave

Late last month, my Aunt Janet and Uncle Dave flew out to L.A. to meet their newest niece. Janet is my Mom's younger sister, Dave is one of my favorite uncles. They have supported this crazy life of mine long before I was married with kids.

Dave & Janet's Visit

Dave & Janet's Visit

The visit was exactly what I needed. I was over the baby blues and ready for some Michigan company.

Rich and Dave made the rounds at the horse races.
races

Janet and I took the kids to the Aquarium of the Pacific. (And I nearly scrapped with a couple over the long, long elevator line in the parking garage.)
aquarium

Mostly, we lounged around the house, grilling out and watching the kids. Janet reminds me so much of my Mom. They way her fingers look with her wedding ring. Her voice. And the way she scoots over to my sliding glass door while holding Alice and says "You know what you should do with your backyard, Marci?" (and proceeds to give me good advice for solving the ugliness that is my yard). My Mom did the exact same thing - and yet I haven't made progress back there.

Dave & Janet's Visit

Dave & Janet's Visit
Gramma Janet makes Alice very happy.

Dave & Janet's Visit
It's really hard to get a picture with both kids holding still & looking cute. This is the best I could do.

Charlie created some artwork on his arms with a Sharpie. Dave thought that was pretty funny. Or, "Uncle David" as Charlie calls him.

Dave & Janet's Visit

Dave & Janet's Visit

I'm so lucky to have this family. And so are my kids. Come back soon, Gramma Janet and David.

Dave & Janet's Visit

Dave & Janet's Visit

Love,
Marce

No comments: