Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"that's what she said"

Rich's parents came to L.A. to meet their granddaughter. From the second they walked into the house, there was baby lovin' and Charlie chasing.

Omma and Papa's Visit

Omma and Papa's Visit

Omma and Papa's Visit

These photos were taken within the first moments of them meeting Alice.

This trip was full of long, lazy days, sitting in the sun. Helping Elaine get acquainted with her new iPad. Playing Matchbox cars (real toys) and Angry Birds (virtual toys) with Charlie. There was a whole lot of this going on -

Omma and Papa's Visit

and this -

Omma and Papa's Visit

Tom whipped through his list of projects in record time. He actually ran out of things to do at one point (which has never happened). My favorite project was the lift of Alice's dresser/changing table. I ordered a dresser just a wee too short for my 6'4" husband to comfortably change baby girl. Tom's solution: a custom pedestal box to attach to the bottom.

Omma and Papa's Visit

I love it.

Omma and Papa's Visit

This trip was also chocked full of laughter. Side splitting, I'm-going-to-pee-my-pants laughter. The running joke all week was "that's what she said". If Tom said, "the tube fit perfectly in the hole", one of us would have to say "that's what she said". On and on and on it went. Even when it didn't make sense ("I'm going out to the garage" . . . "that's what she said") we were all cracking up. I'm infamous for screwing up this joke, by the way.

I'm sure that many bottles of this helped the laughter -

Omma and Papa's Visit

Tom and Elaine also got up with Alice at night. I had my first full 8 hours of sleep since I was put on bedrest (October 25). But the mornings looked like this in Omma and Papa's bed -

Omma and Papa's Visit
I apologize for the creepy look on Charlie's face. It is what it is.

Thank you, Tom and Elaine, for a wonderful visit. Looking forward to the next one!

xo,
the Folks

2 comments:

Melissa said...

God, I love you guys. Wish I was there for at least a -part- of that. xo

Suzette Heeres said...

Wonderful memories! It's so great that you post these memories for both Charlie and Alice.