Tuesday, January 3, 2012

happenings in the New Year

My 2012 goal of being present means I have to let go of messy house anxiety.

As you can see, I'm doing a good job of that. Laundry piles up, requiring an entire evening (and Real Housewives of Some Affluent Community marathon) to catch up. Hand smudges on the slider block my view of Charlie's bubble adventures.

housekeeping

housekeeping

But that's ok, because there has been a lot of lovin' going on.

kissie, kissie

Charlie Loves Alice

And trips to the park. Watching Charlie walk and play, especially at a slightly further distance from me now that he's older, reminds me of how mature and grown he is becoming.

a walk in the park

And how little Alice is.

hoot hoot
(Thank you, Lynnie, for the sweet owl hat. Love love love.) 

Bubbles on the back patio. A few nights after we brought Alice home from the hospital, we had this  magical night on the patio, watching Charlie blow bubbles into the dark. Listening to him tell us about the crescent moon. And rocking our baby girl.

Boy loves some bubbles.

bubble love
Yes, he's wearing his "My Dad is a Douche Bag" t-shirt from Uncle J-Dogg. See section regarding my laundry issues above and you'll understand why we had to dig this out of the trenches.

bubble love

We get tired and a little sullen. So it becomes time for "my fave-or-ittttt Woody pjs".

tired

Alice is getting a little needier, a little fussier. And when she looks around, she has this startled suspicious look in her eyes.

Maybe because her brother decided to pepper her with Spidey stickers.

Spidey sticker

She took it in stride.

Speaking of stride, I started running again. I'm not fast or graceful but damnit, I try really hard. This is me, post-run, holding Alice. Not the best photo of me but I love her expression. And how well she's holding her head up.

mama + Alice

Spending time in the sun when we can. Just letting the mess of the house, the running to-do list, the everything fall away while we hold Alice and play basketball with Charlie.

sun bathing & tattoos

The plan for this week is to get the back patio cleaned up, order some new furniture for that space, and prepare to sit under these lights, sipping wine, rocking the baby, with Rich's folks. They arrive Saturday and we are really excited to have family here again.

night light

Hope your New Year is kicking off right. Ours sure is.

love,
the Phees


No comments: