Saturday, December 31, 2011

wrapping up the year

It's officially New Year's eve.

I love New Year's. I'm a resolution kind of gal. I like a fresh start. The house is organized and cleaned. Life neatly tidied up. Goals listed out in my head, discussed with Rich at the dinner table. It's a blank slate and I'm ready for the next chapter.

My #1 goal for this coming year is to be present. I've spent the last few years on hold, pregnant, grieving, reflecting and struggling with the newness of motherhood. I rushed the moments, hoping for the future date when my situation would be better / different / over.

Not anymore. The moments, good, bad & uncomfortable are part of my story. I need to dwell in them so as not to miss what is flying by at warp speed.

We've ended the year with a bang at the Phee house. We seem to be getting into a groove with this whole "2 kid thing". I even updated our blog URL to www.the4phees.com.

Alice is growing and changing so quickly. Charlie is talking more & more . . . and loving on his "sisssss-er". Here are some photos to remember our December. I'll do a separate post with my favorite photos of 2011 sometime in the new year. When I'm fully present.

Santa

Christmas Eve, west coast style

first skirt

Christmas Eve nap, Rich

first sibling bath

Christmas Eve


1 comment:

Kim B. said...

Speaking of being fully present, I came across a blog post that a college friend of mine "shared" on Facebook. It talks about "cherishing every moment". It might help you in your resolution to be present, it sure gave me a different perspective. It's on my facebook page. I think it's the only thing I've ever "shared"