Sunday, October 23, 2011

the weekend

This weekend kicked off with me staying home, off my feet, all day Friday because I was in some weird sort of pain. It's all better now, no worries. Just a baby doing somersaults in my belly.

Saturday Charlie attended one of those "build something out of wood" clinics at Lowe's. This particular  clinic was to build a truck out of wood.

This is how our truck ended up:

marci iphone_102211_1018

I wish I would've taken a photo of the Morad family truck. It was perfect, with the light on top and all the right stickers in the right places. Ours . . . not so much. But hey, the wheels turn so we're good.

Saturday night was our friend, Anne Thiel's, wedding. It was nice to get out and about with adults.

anne wedding_marci iphone_10222011 (6)

I love this photo because there's just something about men, in suits, gathered around a bar bullshitting.

anne wedding_marci iphone_10222011 (1)

Today was my "sprinkle" (e.g. baby shower for a 2nd baby) thrown by my friend Katie. Thrown perfectly and creatively and thoughtfully by my friend Katie. Also, Charlie's Godmama (and my friend as well), Michelle Peters busted her rump to help pull this together. I couldn't be more grateful.

baby shower_marci iphone_10232011 (2)

baby shower_marci iphone_10232011 (1)

When I get a chance, I'll post a photo of the onesies that everyone created with scraps of fabric and a glue gun. So cute and unique.

All in all, a busy weekend. I'm now off my feet again, eyeing the clock and planning on a 9:00 bedtime. Because I'm a preggers rock star, people.


No comments: