Sunday, June 19, 2011

ramen noodle salad for Pops

Rich requested that I make his Mom & sister's ramen noodle salad this Father's Day.

I wanted to blog it so I can share the goodness with all of you and so I can have it written down somewhere (because I call Robin every time I make it for directions).

All American BBQ at the Morads

Ingredients:
2 packages broccoli slaw
2 packages chicken ramen noodle (uncooked, broken into small pieces)
3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
3 green onion, cut-up
5 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon pepper
2 - 3 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/3 cup peeled sunflower seeds

Directions:

Combine oil, sugar, vinegar, ramen seasoning, pepper & salt into microwave safe bowl. Whisk. Microwave on high for 1.5 minutes. Whisk again after heating up.

In separate bowl, combine slaw, noodles & onion. Add warm liquid mixture to this bowl and mix together with hands. Add almonds and sunflower seeds last, mix with hands.

Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, maximum overnight.

No comments: