Saturday, June 18, 2011

happenings + a crib escape

Really, this has been the busiest summer I can remember.

Rich and I spent last Saturday through Wednesday night on the island of Lanai in Hawaii. This is the trip I won at work & my company knows how to do it up right. Four Seasons, total relaxation.

Lanai collage

The island was very small & the resort beautiful. Rich and I did nothing except lay by the pool, take long naps, and go to the spa. Rich did escape Wednesday morning for some golf.

By Wednesday morning, I was ready to get home to my boy.

May-June Charlie_iPhone_060420112011

And he was ready to see us. Rich's folks, Tom & Elaine, stayed with Charlie while we laid on our butts in Hawaii. He was beyond spoiled. The Aquarium, chili cheese fritos, Rainforest Cafe, Build a Bear and lots of cuddling. He love his 'Gamma' & Papa.

But yesterday afternoon, it finally happened. Rich & his parents ran out to run some errands. Charlie & I took naps (or so I thought). I was laying in my bed, he in his crib. Suddenly, he was standing in front of my face, waving a book around, saying "Mama, read me, read me." I was so stunned as to how the hell he got from his crib to my bedside that I just stared at him with my mouth open. Finally he broke the staring contest with "I get out". No shit you got out.

Needless to say, we're going to get that "big boy bed" set up asap.

Just another thing to add to our very long list of tasks to finish between now and Monday morning. It's going to be another crazy week.

No comments: