Sunday, April 17, 2011

morning walk

Saturday morning was a bad morning for me. Mad at the world, in general, a rotten mood. So I decided to change the day.

Charlie and I went for an 8:30 am walk around the neighborhood. Which took over an hour. Because the point was not to go as fast as we could and get home. It was to enjoy the sunshine, say good morning to neighbors and to let Charlie explore. I forgot what it was like to do something without a deadline. Just for the sake of doing.

But Charlie remembered.

morning walk

Charlie broke in a new set of flip flops.

morning walk

He said “good morning” to everyone we passed. Including this man working on his yard.

morning walk

He trespassed on people’s property to pick their flowers. He pointed out everything that he had a word for: “dog”, “truck”, “Meena’s house”.

morning walk

We will do these more often, I promise.

morning walk_04162011_april 2011 (76)

No comments: