Wednesday, February 2, 2011

let it snow (Chicago suburbs, IL)

My siter-in-law, Robin, sent this photo to me (yes, I messed with it - you know I'm an editing fool) -

Chicago snow

snow, Heeres' yard in Chicago burbs

She woke up this morning to 20 inches of snow with 4 to 5 foot snow drifts. Seriously.

I was telling her last night how strange it is that I'm involved in the weather but not "in it". My clients, vendors, friends and family are all impacted. I see the updates on Facebook about snow days and staying warm and keeping off the roads.

And then I walk out into 65 degrees, sunny and breezy palm trees. It's surreal.

2/3/11 Update: An old high school friend, Kim (Younts) Berki shared these photos of her Chicago-land snow. She's WAY pregnant and according to her post, she was shoveling, too. C'mon! Pregnancy is the best excuse to sit inside and drink hot cocoa.

snow, Berki's driveway in Chicago burbs

snow, Berki's driveway in Chicago burbs

To all my snowed in homies . . . stay warm!

1 comment:

Kim B. said...

I think that these posts show how much you really miss the snow and living in a place with all 4 seasons :)