Sunday, August 22, 2010

slacking on the posts

I haven’t been good about updating this blog – apologies to my family who enjoy reading it. Or to my brother Steve who said it’s his only 30 minutes a day of respite from his grueling boss (my Dad).

So here’s our August in review –

I’ve had zero travel for work (until this coming week). So we’ve played house. Dinner at home, weekends lounging around. But work has been a little more hectic for me than usual. Messing up my work / life balance. But that’s ok because there’s an ebb and flow to all of it, right? And once in a while, I like to get knee deep in the muddy details, just like the old days. And I have a new fantastic team member on board while my other fantastic team member is out having a baby any moment. So it’s all good stuff.

August collage

Rich has been working hard, too. Weekend website launches and bridge lines while trying to wrangle Charlie. But we’ve managed to enjoy ourselves with a night out on the town (Harry Connick Jr, the Hollywood Bowl, and dinner at Musso & Franks).


Our laundry is piled up, the house isn’t exactly what I’d call “in order” but Charlie is happy as a clam. We’re exhausted every night that we put him down but it’s because he’s a ball of energy.

Phee Life in August 2010

Charlie’s talking more and more. He figured out how to eat his yogurt with a spoon. Sadly, I think he’s turning into a 1 nap a day kid. I loved his 10 am naps. Right now, I’m trying to get him to nap and he’s in there chanting “Mooooommm, Mooooommmm”. Sometimes it startles me when he chants or yells “Mom” and I look around for my Mom. Then it occurs to me, “No, I AM the Mom”. Tough realization.

He’s *this close* to being able to ride his bad-ass trike from Papa Dickie. His feet almost reach the pedals. For now, he just climbs all over it and pushes it around.

Phee Life in August 2010

Charlie thinks he wants to skateboard because Neighbor Noah does it. I think it scares the hell out of me so for now, I’m discouraging it.

Phee Life in August 2010

This past Saturday was his Mama Bear Marina’s daughter’s 7th birthday party. Leah wanted a Dalmatian theme so all the guests were asked to dress in black and white. Easy for Charlie – most his wardrobe is black, white and grey.

Leah's 7th Birthday Party
This mad man climbed up the ladder of the World’s Tallest Jumpy House and slid down the slide without an ounce of fear. I climbed in like the helicopter parent that I am and supervised. Elbowing other little kids out of the way.

Leah's 7th Birthday Party

Leah's 7th Birthday Party

Last night Cousin Melissa from Santa Barbara came down for dinner. Dinner that we cooked, which is scary because she’s a chef at the Four Seasons. We are people who buy pre-packaged kebobs from Ralph’s and throw them on the grill. But thankfully she put together our salad for us and it was oh-so-delicious. She and Charlie had a little dance party on the back patio, read some books and then it was time to say goodbye. And Melissa, when Rich says you’re his favorite, he means it. No bullshit.

Cousin Melissa

melissa%20visit_08212010_19

All in all, the weather’s weird, our schedules are off, we’re tired but Charlie is thriving, we are laughing and the world keeps on spinning.

Phee Life in August 2010

Charlie August collage


Here’s to a wonderful September!

xoxo,
The Phees

No comments: