Saturday, July 3, 2010

pride

Today was a big day for the Phee's.

At approximately 1:00 pm, at Hof's Hut in Long Beach, Charlie Edward Phee successfully drank out of a straw.

This, my friends, has been a long time coming. I was concerned about this particular milestone. I see other toddlers happily sipping their flavored milk at Starbucks or drinking from those bright, twisty plastic straws at restaurants. But not Charlie. We had to bring those obnoxious travel sippy cups along, shamefully.

But today . . . TODAY HE DID IT. And I pumped my fists, hugged him, squealed, and even cried a bit. Right there in that Hof's Hut.

Rich was embarrassed yet proud.

And then like icing on the milestone cake, as we're loading Chaz into the car, he sees a book and clear as day recites "book". I nearly peed my pants with pride.

Mother's Day evening 2010-05-09 047

No comments: