Monday, April 5, 2010

Quakin' Easter 2010

Happy Belated Easter, everyone!
 
This Easter brought us 1 sick child + a 6.9 earthquake, woo hoo! I'd take that earthquake over and over again over a sick Charlie. The day started off slow. Charlie slept in so we missed Mass. We fed him pancakes & prepped the turkey. Even though the turkey made it into the oven by 10 am, it wasn't ready till nearly 5. I think I inherited my Mom's oven skills. Shoe and Marge came over to eat with us and entertain Charlie. They managed to get him to smile and laugh for about 20 minutes, thank God.
 
As Charlie was napping and we were carving the turkey, the entire house started rolling left to right. I ran to the back of the house to get Charlie. We could hear the water sloshing out of the pool. It seemed to last for 10 minutes although I heard on the news it was 45 seconds. This was definitely the biggest one I've felt since I moved to L.A. 8 years ago this month. Charlie slept through the whole thing. Cook ran around in circles, barking. Marge was a little shook up - and I don't blame here. She was here for the Northridge quake in 1994.
 
After things settled down around here, we ate, said goodbye to our guests, then wrangled Charlie to sleep around 9:30. Long day, lots of turkey. Looking forward to a steady week with lots of leftovers.
 
 
 
 

No comments: